Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go – whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Airport operations can be a challenging environment yet it is a thrill to see all the moving parts come together to keep our airline running. Do you have the skills and experience to run an operation?
General Managers oversee all customer service ground activities for day-to-day operations at our airports. While providing leadership and motivation to their team, General Managers are responsible for establishing and maintaining high standards of safety, security, and customer service in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Analyze records of daily operations to maintain knowledge of activities
- Confer and cooperate with upper management in formulating administrative/operational policies and procedures
- Implement procedures for safe and on-time movement of aircraft through the station by obtaining optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel
- Ensure overall station compliance as well as compliance of personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and any Company or government regulations
- Meet all operational performance targets
- Monitor and control the station operating budget
- May recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment; may negotiate contracts with equipment and material suppliers and approve requisitions for equipment, materials and supplies within limits of facility budget
- Coordinate activities with local airport management, community, regulatory agencies, and other stations or headquarters staff. Investigate causes of internal and external complaints relating to the facility
- Participate on operational conference calls, station audits and prepares various reports
In this role, strong organizational, negotiation, and decision-making skills are necessary as well as being able to effectively and efficiently manage competing priorities. The ability to think strategically and adapt to the changing needs of the business are critical. Must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee’s control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of American Eagle, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated.
- Minimum age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver’s license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being considered for this position
- Minimum of 1-2 years of previous work experience in an airline or airport capacity such as sales and operational phases of an airline, ground handling or airport management
- Proven leadership and analytical skills
- Minimum of 1 year of previous working experience in a team lead, supervisory or managerial role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Willing and able to work non-standard work schedules, when necessary, due to changing or unplanned operational needs
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- College coursework or college degree desirable
- Proven work experience building constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Experience creating and maintaining departmental budgets
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak, and understand Spanish (in some locations)
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.