Forklift Operator – Brambles Group – Cedar Rapids, IA
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates forklift to move pallets through the different departments in the plant.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- The forklift operator is responsible for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials form different departments throughout the plant as needed.
- The operator is responsible for making decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of the plant.
- May lubricate and replace liquefied-gas tank.
- Work requires operator to sit for long periods of time.
- Forklifts must be operated with extreme care, adhering to company safety procedures at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years previous experience working in an industrial, fast moving setting with industrial machinery
- Previous Forklift operation experience
- Certified forklift operator
- Please note other duties can be assigned based on the needs of the business.
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- $16.00 /Hour
- 3rd – 10pm to 6am
All newly hired individuals are promptly screened through the E-Verify electronic employment authorization program run by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Drug-free workplace. EOE. D/M/F/V. MUST be 18 years of age or older.
CHEP is a global leader in supply chain logistics employing more than 14,000 people in 60+ countries. More than 300,000 supply chains choose to utilize CHEP products and solutions to optimize efficiencies and eliminate waste throughout the world. CHEP’s “share and reuse” core business offering pioneered the shared and circular economies more than 50 years ago. Today, the company provides consultative solutions surrounding the efficient and sustainable movement of goods—and manages a global pool of 300 million pallets and containers shared and reused by growers, raw material suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to produce, warehouse, transport and merchandise consumer and industrial goods.
As one of four Brambles growth companies, CHEP and Brambles provide you unparalleled opportunities to advance and accelerate your career. You’ll be joining an international growth company with an advantaged business model. You’ll be working for a company that is changing the way goods get to market. You’ll optimize 300,000 supply chains instead of just one. You’ll join an efficient and collaborative team who punches above its weight. You’ll be working for the good of humanity.
Preferred EducationHigh School
Preferred Level of Work Experience1 – 3 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [email protected]
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Forklift+Operator&c=Brambles+Group&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=17652135cbdf94f9&rtk=1enh0c14j3087000&from=rss→