About Gnarly Pepper: Gnarly Pepper is a custom spice blend company that pairs products with plain Greek yogurt creating the healthier, savory alternative to traditional dips and condiments. Gnarly Pepper features our blends in various salads (chicken, tuna, egg — deli style) along with pre-made contains of dips and condiments. Our products are sold in various Hy-Vee’s across the Midwest.
Position summary: If you are an Instagram foodie this is the perfect job for you! Located in the Newbo City Market, we’re looking for a fun, energetic foodie that prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards. Position will require various tasks of social media/marketing, prepping homemade dips, condiments and salad (example Chicken Salad) and work retail counter. With Newbo’s foot traffic and energy, customer service and being proactive is the key to working in this fun space. If you are an Instagram foodie this is the perfect job for you! Experiment with new blends, salad recipes and more, we invite all creative foodies to apply!
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Post specials, food photos, deals on Social Media.
- Various Sampling Demo’s off-site at local grocery stores.
- Video Demo ‘shows’ showcasing our products in various recipes.
- Work closely alongside Gnarly Pepper founder.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of business model & menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Prepares and builds food items according to provided recipes.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and sanitizes work stations
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image.
- Farmer’s Market location set up and sales (seasonal).
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, co-workers, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to taste test products, including dairy.
Job Type: Part-time
- Flexible schedules
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.