The Food Service Aide is responsible for the provision of timely and safe meal service and clean –up for patients, hospital associates and customers of the Cafe, Catering and other services. The Food Service Aide promotes quality care and customer satisfaction by actively supporting the hospital mission and vision in completing daily tasks. The Food Service Aide completes all job responsibilities in accordance with established procedures of the department and hospital including safety and sanitation guidelines. This position is under the supervision of the Dining Service Supervisor and guidance of Lead.
- The associate is aware of hospital and department compliance for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department or hospital administrative staff.
- Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital’s commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
- Successfully completes hospital-wide orientation, annual hospital competencies and department/unit specific competencies.
- For the safety of our patients and co-workers, St. Luke’s Hospital requires seasonal and job related vaccinations. This is reviewed regularly during periodic health assessments.
- Sets up work stations with food and equipment according to guidelines that promote holding food at safe temperatures, maintaining sanitary practices, and providing excellent quality and pleasant appearance.
- Serves at work stations following guidelines for proper portion control, accuracy and efficiency in filling verbal and written orders, using systems in place to maintain safe, high quality food and providing excellent customer-focused service.
- Follows department procedures for providing excellent customer service which may include assisting patients with meal tray set-up and completing service recovery when appropriate. Follows the AIDET customer service protocol when communicating with patients and families.
- Follows department procedures for the proper cleaning, handling and storage of work stations, equipment and wares.
- Follows department procedures for cash handling.
- Follows safe food handling and sanitation practices. This includes monitoring for safe food and equipment temperatures; adhering to departmental guidelines regarding uniforms, hair restraints and proper hygiene; and not working when ill.
- Follows department safety procedures to support a safe work environment for patients, families and associates.
- Maintains confidentiality and respects the individual differences of others. Refers non-routine situations to the appropriate person.
- Participates in periodic in-service / training programs according to hospital and departmental policy. Participates in initial and ongoing competency assessment as required.
- Completes other duties and tasks as assigned. Maintains a sense of responsibility and cooperativeness in assuming duties other than those routinely assigned. Demonstrates a willingness to accept change to improve services provided.
- Uses effective communication skills to interact with patients, associates, families, customers and other team members in a cooperative, courteous manner. Resolves problems related to food and services provided and/or refers non-routine situations to appropriate person.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Reading, writing and mathematical skills at level normally acquired through completion of high school or equivalent preferred. Current enrollment in high school acceptable.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.