Fiscal Director – Kirkwood Community College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirkwood Community College
This job has the flexibility to work from home part of the week.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Manage the assignment, development, maintenance and analysis of grant budgets.
- Maintain compliance with applicable college, state, and federal policies and regulations (including OMB circulars and grant regulations), while maintaining appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Ensure all processes within area of responsibility have current documentation.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger functions of the agency to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Provide support and guidance to all agency staff, contractors, grant partners, and volunteers.
- Interpret and implement governmental rules, requirements, and regulations.
- Coordinate and implement the annual request for community funding proposals.
- Develop and monitor agency and individual program budgets.
- Supervise the performance of assigned staff and provide for their continued professional growth.
- Discover, recommend, and initiate innovative approaches of agency accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
- Possess advanced knowledge of grant regulations and applicable Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars and financial and accounting principles and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities and handle multiple task projects.
- Provide outstanding service to our customers (other staff, subcontractors, volunteers, clients, and others) over the phone and in person.
- Demonstrate consistent and regular attendance at work.
- Be a self-motivated, energetic, and creative individual with strong leadership and organizational qualities, professional appearance, positive attitude, and a commitment to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate a high degree of independent judgment, initiative, organization, problem-solving skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Be able to supervise and mentor staff.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Possess a working knowledge of governmental funding, program management, and human service programs and be able to interpret governmental rules and regulations.
- Be able to effectively utilize technology and computers including, but not limited to, office equipment, word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a position with supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge of current and proposed accounting standards for AICPA, GASB and GAAP.
- Knowledge of various financial software/accounting systems.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have valid driver’s license for required travel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- CPA licensure preferred.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Fiscal+Director&c=Kirkwood+Community+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=5d81608842f15b8f&rtk=1f1is37dvo2i0800&from=rss→