We are looking for an embedded design engineer to be part of a multi-functional design environment with individual responsibility in the following areas:
• Expand and modify existing firmware to meet marketing requirements
• Performs development (coding and/or testing) of a part of an embedded software solution whose specification and architecture are defined.
• Effective use and adherence to Project Development and product evolution tools and process.
• Conduct firmware design reviews with peers to gain knowledge on the best practices.
• Post product launch responsibilities including customer support.
• Work with the formal verification team to define, document, analyze, perform and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified products.
• Must be able to work with 3rd party certification agencies such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
• Firmware development using Integrated Development Environment (IDEs).
In addition, you will be part of the largest corporation in the world dedicated to the safe distribution and control of electrical energy. As such Schneider Electric is a global company headquartered in Paris with power protection product design centers in Grenoble, France, Shanghai, China, and Cedar Rapids Iowa. Much cross collaboration occurs with these design centers.
This position is located in the Cedar Rapids Iowa global design center. Expectation is approximately 10% travel locally or overseas to affiliate sites, and customers.
• US citizenship, Green Card or holder of H1.
• Bachelors’ degree in electrical engineering, or related field from a 4 year University. Electrical Engineering Masters degree or related engineering field is a plus.
• +3 years of experience working in a new software development or programming experience.
• Working knowledge with SQL, C Programming, MatLab. LabView programming experience is a plus.
• Be able to show at least one new software product development success as a team member and be able to articulate your role.
• Embedded Firmware Design application experience.
• Experience with microcontroller based designs.
• Willingness to work in a process driven environment (formalized documentation and approval management environment)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.