MH Equipment Company
If you are a skilled and friendly individual who is seeking career satisfaction with a financially stable and growing company, join the team at MH Equipment! As a Field Service Technician with MH Equipment, you will travel to the Hiawatha, IA area and diagnose and repair lift trucks and other identified products.
MH Equipment is an authorized Hyster and Yale lift truck and forklift dealer that provides top quality material handling equipment to meet our customers’ needs. We sell a broad selection of Hyster forklifts and Yale truck lifts that will fulfill any job specification as well as a terrific array of other new and used material handling equipment. We have won the Hyster “Dealer of Distinction” award multiple times. We give back to the communities we do business in through the His First Foundation, which contributes 10% of our annual income to charitable endeavors that our employees are involved with. Being a member of the MH Equipment family means being part of a fast-growing company that offers daily opportunities to learn and succeed. Our focus and culture are centered on our beliefs that people matter, passion inspires and purpose unites.
For more information on who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.mhequipment.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnose & repair lift trucks and other identified products
- Communicate with the customer and provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Perform only those repairs clearly and specifically requested by the owner of the lift truck or product.
- Thoroughly document and assess the condition of the product related to other repairs that are not part of the repair or quote
- Accurately account for all paid labor hours
- Accurately account for all parts used and for van parts inventory
- Submit complete documentation for all work in a timely manner, as required by management
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tools, van and customer facility while working there
- Keep your service van clean, neat, and well serviced at all times
- Maintain company tools in working order and return them to the shop after use
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Work Rules.
- Make repairs accurately and timely with minimum required call-backs or re-work
- Keep manager advised of job progress, delays, changes, status, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- A technical background is required.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, fuel systems, charging systems are a plus.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have communication skills and be able to complete accurate paperwork.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of a service technician.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must have a good attitude and be able to successfully work in a team environment.
- Regular and prompt attendance required.
- Present a professional image in personal appearance, dress and preparation.
- This may be an apprentice or journeyman position,depending upon the qualifications of the applicant.
Working Conditions: Employee is expected to work forty hours per week plus overtime as required.
At MH Equipment, we understand that our employees work hard, so we offer a competitive rate of pay, a generous benefits package and a positive work environment that recognizes integrity, inspires passion and enables personal growth:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Pet insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer match up to 50%
- Pre-tax flexible spending account for healthcare expenses
- Life and voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holiday, vacation, personal and sick days
- 8 hours of paid time per year to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Tool insurance
- Company provided uniform, service van, cell phone and laptop
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial assistance for adoptions
- Travel assistance
- Designated corporate charities
MH Equipment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Mechanic: 3 years (Required)
- Hydraulics: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fuel Systems, Charging Systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.