MP Nexlevel, LLC
As a successful Fiber Splicer, you will be responsible for proper preparation and splicing of fiber optic cable within a telecommunications system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read understand, interpret, input, and analyze data with a high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Operate technical equipment, including but not limited to computer, OTDR and fusion splicing equipment for single and ribbon fiber
- Complete daily production reports to document work performed; track and communicate daily production and materials
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years of directly related experience/ will consider less
- Working knowledge of telecommunications network structure
- Familiarity with fiber optic cable, splice enclosures and the functionality of each
- Ability to use OTDR and fusion splicing equipment
- Ability to read fiber matrices
- Ability to interpret and analyze data
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment utilized in splicing fiber
- Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers
- Willingness to Travel
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck, man-lift a Plus.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol requirements
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and valid full-driver’s license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including the ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Must have the ability to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 50 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat).
MP Nexlevel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.