Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
This full-time position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Complete onboarding safety training
- Safely train in all operations areas of the facility
- Assist plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by the production supervisor.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a dusty environment.
- Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision: including dust collectors, extractors, DT, meal dryers and bean tanks.
- Control traffic through department and ensure that all visitors follow safety rules.
- Troubleshoot problems as required.
- Perform light maintenance, such as replacing valves, troubleshooting conveyors and pumps, etc. while safely using wrenches, air tools, hammers and various hand tools.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation
- Enter notifications utilizing maintenance computer program.
- Understand and adhere to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
- Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of the department, and work as a team member with a positive attitude
- Attend various mandatory safety and department meetings
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate very good time management skills.
- Prioritize tasks and possess follow-up skills.
- Willing to accept accountability.
- Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.)
- Must be willing and able to work rotating 8 or 12 hour shifts, including nights, overtime, weekends, holidays, and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to read/write English
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Forklift certified
- Prior experience in production related work
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location:US-IA-Cedar Rapids
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Facility+Trainee&c=Cargill&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f7638f5dc039c3db&rtk=1dh4oqt2qfde4800&from=rss→