United Fire Group
UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2017 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for 2015, 2016 and 2017. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is looking for an additional team member for an Express Claims Representative.
- Low Severity Claims Handling
- Set up/assign new claims/data entry
- Review all mail received in imaging system and properly route to correct person whether it be new loss or new mail for an existing claim according to new mail procedures
- Respond to agent status requests and handle routine inquiries from others including, but not limited to, claimants, insureds, and agents
- Review assignments to determine the nature of the claim and action required as well as coverages involved
When necessary, assign to outside Claims Representative or independent adjuster as directed by the Supervisor to inspect property, obtain photographs, verify data and to personally verify the medical condition of injured persons.
Review and interpret policy coverages to determine whether the claim is payable under the policy, deductible, actual cash value or replacement cost
Write reports for the claim file to document all activity relating to the loss.
Compile and review information concerning losses from various sources.
Promotes positive working relationships with agents in the territory by keeping the producing agent informed of progress on claims
- High School Diploma required
- College degree a plus
- 1 – 3 years of insurance related experience
- Prefer a Certificate in General Insurance or enroll in the General Insurance Program and complete in 2 years.
- Willingness to obtain an Associate in Claims designation.
- Ability to meet the appropriate state licensing laws required to handle claim duties assigned.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Express+Claim+Representative&c=United+Fire+Group&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=568479f5e9cb1742&rtk=1de0bib3u1e1p000&from=rss→