Bethany Christian Services
Expectant Parent Advocate (Part-time)
Requisition #: req2220
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Hours: Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
Pregnancy Counseling is at the heart of everything we stand for at Bethany Christian Services. Our Expectant Parent Advocates establish relationships with community partners, hospitals, churches and other health services agencies in the area to provide support to women who find themselves in a situation with an unplanned pregnancy. Our Expectant Parent Advocates provide options and information to expectant parents, including referrals to support parenting and support and resources to parents considering adoption. This job includes regular outreach to client referral sources as well as the provision of excellent counsel and encouragement to our expectant parents.
An ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a high-touch environment, navigating new relationships every day. It is someone who derives energy from blazing uncharted territory, establishing new and creative ways of operating and is able to work “against the odds” with loads of endurance. The ideal candidate will enjoy having something different happening every day and operating within new contexts and in moments where they will need to improvise solutions within with the limits of legal and Bethany best practices. We desire to find someone with a compassionate and wise heart, as well as the tenacity to provide the best service to our clients.
- Promote Bethany’s pregnancy service programs through regular outreach efforts including contacts with hospitals, medical clinics, Pregnancy Resource Centers, at high schools and colleges.
- Respond within a designated time period to all crisis pregnancy telephone, text or email intakes and provide assessment of potential client’s needs and/or requests.
- Schedule appointments and provide counseling options to women and involved family members.
- Present adoption as a viable alternative and should adoption be chosen, provide on-going counseling as needed.
- Develop and coordinate Bethany’s relationships with area hospitals and referral agencies for support services to parents.
- Assist in adoption planning and legal release of child (if able to accept relinquishments, temporary custody and consent to adoptions).
- Organize and manage time so all reports and documents are completed in a timely fashion.
- Meet weekly, or as needed, with supervisor to consult on cases to review case plan and direction and to evaluate progress with at least quarterly case supervision of all open cases.
- Attend pregnancy counseling training as needed and apply newly gained knowledge in providing service.
- Facilitate support groups and provide support to parents who have made an adoptive placement as needed.
- Availability for rotational on call and flexible schedule as needed.
- Satellite office manager
- Coordinator of Bethany’s diaper give-away program in Eastern Iowa
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSW or BA/BS in a human service field, MSW a plus.
- Demonstrate excellent clinical and assessment skills.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage.
- Prior experience in child welfare preferred.
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Expectant+Parent+Advocate&c=Bethany+Christian+Services&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=a64103c707d7ff4a&rtk=1deq3a44fbe1v800&from=rss→