Holiday Inn Express - Cedar Rapids
Holiday Inn Express Cedar Rapids, managed by National Hospitality Services, consists of 83 spacious & modern guest rooms. The property is located on the north side of Cedar Rapids, off Interstate 380. Every room includes a microwave, mini-fridge and Keurig Coffeemaker. Enjoy free WIFI access and a 24-hour Business Center to keep up with work from back home. After a relaxing sleep, join us downstairs for a free, hot breakfast and our signature Cinnamon Rolls.
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operations and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. The Executive Housekeeper will promote an atmosphere that ensures guest and employee satisfaction. The position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills and the ability to effectively deal with other members of the management team, guests and employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s housekeeping operations.
- Ensure company, federal, state and local health, sanitation and safety standard and regulations are maintained.
- Maintain a regular inspection program based on Brand and property standards to ensure levels of cleanliness are being met.
- Recommend budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manage within the approved plans.
- Maintain a solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies.
- Train employees on the importance of greeting guests and assisting with their requests.
- Develop and maintain a consistent inspection program.
- Partner with the General Manager to purchase linens and housekeeping supplies as needed.
- Monitor and develop team member’s performance including conducting performance evaluations and delivering recognition.
- Manage daily activities of the department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
- Communicate and enforce all hotel policies and procedures.
- Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing training and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Assist in recruiting and interviewing new team members as needed.
- Conduct new hire and on-going training as needed.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question and/or concerns.
- Maintain open communication between management and employees.
- Promptly report all maintenance concerns and follow up on repairs.
- Research and evaluate new product and methods to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for developing performance standards, procedures and rules used to ensure proper and safe work habits and a safe work environment. Conduct regularly scheduled training sessions on those safe work habits.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school or equivalent education required.
- A minimum of two years hotel housekeeping experience and one year supervisory/management experience is required.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
- Adaptable to change.
- Understand and efficiently operate a computer.
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business.
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.