Energy Specialist – Aegon – Cedar Rapids, IA
What Success Looks Like:
- Maintain energy, utility, and property data in multiple systems to ensure consistent, accurate reporting and identify consumption issues.
- Calculate projected energy, water and waste/recycling savings through conservation programs and projects.
- Identify peak load demands identified by utility companies and modify electrical and HVAC strategies to reduce demand charges.
- Monitor automation systems to ensure the efficient use of energy.
- Perform energy audits in cooperation with utility companies to identify potential energy projects.
- Work with maintenance teams to identify equipment failures and resolve temperature complaints.
- Work with management to develop and implement energy program/projects; meet documentation requirements and work within established budget.
- Perform service checks to identify potential equipment failures and areas for improvement.
- Create and receive work orders; analyze, prioritize, gather information, and follow through to completion.
- Ensure code compliance and building standards are maintained, including inspections and maintenance for indoor air quality, code deficiencies, equipment longevity, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair issues with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and other systems as needed.
- Perform carpentry and other construction work as needed.
- Handle emergency situations beyond normal business hours as required.
- Champion a culture of environmental awareness and conservation.
What You Need:
- High school diploma/GED
- Two years of experience in facilities energy management and/or building automation
- Experience maintaining electrical and utility grid systems
- Experience troubleshooting/repairing heating and ventilation (HVAC) operating systems
- Technical proficiency to program and troubleshoot automation systems software
- Carpentry skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience with Vision work order or similar software
- Experience with Energy Star Portfolio software
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with automation systems software such as Trane SC, Trane Tracer Summit or Niagara
- Rotate on-call to respond to emergencies and situations that require prompt attention
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment, use ladders and hand/power tools
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods
- Exposure to changing weather conditions
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Energy+Specialist&c=Aegon&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=d163cc19d06098bc&rtk=1ercjfeh5npkv800&from=rss→