Accountable to assess risks in the facility and lead implementation of EHS strategies at location to achieve business and customer objectives. Build EHS strength at the location by developing EHS knowledge and leadership in non-EHS personnel and management systems to sustain a high performing culture, maintain compliance, continuously improve performance, leverage EHS resources, and meet customer requirements. Collaborate with BU/Regional EHS leadership and operations, functional and commercial staff. Subject Matter Expertise (SME)for capital projects and new product development; supports and implements BU EHS communications and recognition programs; collaborates with peers in GOSCNA/DSO and other BUs to share knowledge and best practices across the organization. Accountable and leads key metrics for the facility and creates action plans to achieve.
Assess risk and deploy actions/implement EHS strategies to achieve business and customer objectives. 50%
Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory/corporate/environmental permitting requirements 15%
Actively involved in incident investigations to determine root cause and drives appropriate corrective actions 10%
Monitor and report leading and lagging safety performance indicators and ensure high visibility of current performance 10%
Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders to positively influence a strong safety culture 10%
Develop/Deploy education tools/methods and deliver training 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years EHS experience OR High School Diploma and 5+ years EHS experience in manufacturing or processing industry
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- CSP (Certifies Safety Professional), ASP (Associate Safety Professional), or other EHS related certification
- EHS Auditing experience
- Behavioral safety program experience
- Process Safety Management experience
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and ensure that plans, guidance and advice is accurate, timely & effective.
- Ability to quickly gather & analyze facts & input from all stakeholders, provide clear guidance & build consensus on solutions & be able to customize for specific location & unique circumstances.
- Ability to coach and work directly with plant superintendent and supervisors providing support at the level they need to fulfill their EHS responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead a problem-solving activity with a cross functional group of employees
- Ability to lead site wide meetings
- Ability to manage work place injuries including workers compensation
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Ehs+Senior+Professional&c=Cargill&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=944c85b71344d5b6&rtk=1dci05o6snh6i800&from=rss→