Park Cedar Rapids
helping us meet our customer service objectives as we continue to implement new parking technologies in
downtown Cedar Rapids and improve overall parking operations in a growing community are welcome to apply.
Applicants should apply in person at the Park Cedar Rapids office located at 349 4th Ave SE in downtown Cedar
Rapids. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Utility staff ambassadors are responsible for assisting across the multiple departments of the Parking Operation.
Utility staff are onsite 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to assist with any possible customer issues. With a
focus on customer service, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting with the amenities program,
facility maintenance, cashiering, enforcement, event parking, and security.
There is one shift being hired for:
- Friday & Saturday, 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Customer Service: Park Cedar Rapids strives to put customer service as the top priority and interactions with the
public are a regular occurrence. The following attributes are a necessary component to the job:
- Effective Communication: Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist others, learn quickly, and adapt to operational changes
- Able to grasp knowledge of operation and explain rules, regulations, and procedures to
- Able to assist with amenities program: jump starts, tire fills, security escorts, and other
directives focused on customer service.
- Ability to work well with a team
- Critical Thinking: ability to assess operational situations and take best course of action to assist
challenges and resolve customer service issues
Customer Service Attendant: Assisting customers with use of parking equipment will be a primary function of
the Utility Ambassador.
- Accurate cash handling, ticket handling, recording daily logs and written reports
- Proficient understanding of computer equipment i.e. tablets, smartphones, mobile credit card
terminals, parking pay stations, Windows- and Android-based devices.
- Basic arithmetic
- Reporting and documenting operational incidents and customer complaints
- Ability to direct traffic safely and efficiently
- Assist with enforcement of parking regulations
- Ability to conduct security patrols vehicle counts, and routine lock ups
Maintenance: Utility staff will be regularly involved with routine maintenance with in the parking ramps and
- Cleaning, sweeping, mopping, wiping down equipment and office areas, trash removal
- Snow removal: hand shoveling, sand and salt spreading
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
- Basic knowledge of routine repair work
- Understanding how to use small power tools (i.e. snow blower, leaf blower, and power-drill) is
- Outgoing personality
- Regular, consistent attendance
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of the geography of Cedar Rapids
- Be able to work outdoors for an extended period of time
- Ability to work under general supervision, exercising good judgment i.e. following directives,
reporting any disturbances to management, documenting daily reports
- Ability to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly
changing information and technology
- Self-motivated, use of ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks
- Critical thinking
- Ability to comfortably train and teach new staff members
- Ability to operate the following equipment and tools: personal computer with Windows-based
applications, Windows- and Android-based tablets and two-way radios
- Documented prior experience to establish competency in duties performed and use of required
- Full/wide amount of availability
- Valid Iowa Driver’s License
- Graduation from High School or GED program
- Reliable transportation to and from work
Requires the following, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Clarity of speech and hearing which permits the employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision which permits the employee to safely operate equipment and tools
- Sufficient manual dexterity which permits the employee to operate equipment and tools
- Sufficient personal mobility, which permits the employee to operate equipment and tools,
including the ability to stand and walk outside (in all types of weather) for extended periods of
About Park Cedar Rapids
Park Cedar Rapids is an organization committed to providing a positive parking experience for
Patrons of downtown Cedar Rapids. Let Park Cedar Rapids help you plan your next trip downtown by
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.