The Document Imaging Specialist is accountable for preparing medical record documents for integration within the electronic patient record. General responsibilities are to perform chart prepping, scanning, and indexing within the patient’s record along with answering phone calls received in the department.
- Timely and accurate prep, scan, and indexing all paper records while meeting quality and productivity standards. Retrieve paper documents from defined patient care locations.
- Promptly answers office phone calls or assists with phone coverage.
- Frequently monitors incoming department faxes.
- Responds to and fulfills continuation of care requests
- Access and retrieve patient information from various computer systems and media
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent Medical terminology Completion of a Health Information Management program
Experience: Previous work history in health information services/medical records department One to three years of experience with an electronic health record or hospital/medical setting.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.