Cedar Rapids Community School District
Short Term Contract-Non-teaching/STC-NT
FIRST POSSIBLE HIRE DATE:
February 19, 2018
ASAP (after the first possible hire date)
The program will support families as they engage in their current school’s experience as well as exposing them to higher education opportunities.
The Cedar Rapids School district is seeking staff to intreprete during conferences, individual education plans (IEP’s) and in other forms of communications between the school events. Expectations include, but are not limited to being fluent in the following languages: French, Swahil, Kirundi, Creole, Vietnamese, Spanish and possibly other dialects as well.
TBD, on an “on-call basis”
- Ability to speak more than one language is preferred.
- Communicates with parents/guardians in a supportive and positive manner.
- Communicates/collaborates with the buiding administator and classroom teachers.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of student’s academic and social performance.
- Remains impartial and unbiased and shall refrain from any conduct that may give the appearance of bias.
- Maintains a professional demeanor, be courteous and respectful to all parties and shall defer to instructions from the educators.
Director of Culture/Climate Transformation