Dishwasher (Steward) – Kirkwood Community College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirkwood Community College
$10.26 an hour
Full Job Description
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Stock supplies such as utensils and plates in serving stations, cupboards, and racks.
- Sweep and scrub floors as well as clean garbage cans with soap & water.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Document observations of performance & progress in timely fashion, utilizing forms provided.
- Serve as a resource for students: answer questions and provide guidance.
- Ensure adherence to all regulatory requirements, including the health code.
- Knowledge of basic sanitary guidelines.
- Knowledge of basic dish machine operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Indoor environment
- Extreme temperatures
- Moisture and/or humidity
- Burn hazards
- Standing over 2/3 of the time.
- Walking over 2/3 of the time.
- Using hands over 2/3 of the time.
- Reaching with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
- Climbing or balancing up to 2/3 of the time.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling over 2/3 of the time.
- Talking or hearing up to 2/3 of the time.
- This position requires lifting: Up to 50 pounds over 2/3 of the time.
- Must be 18 years old.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: [email protected]
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Dishwasher&c=Kirkwood+Community+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=575d3c607a291fdd&rtk=1f1is2o9op12n800&from=rss→