Are you looking to make some extra money on the weekends while having your nights free?
To The Rescue has a unique opportunity for a part-time Direct Support Professional to help with our new Saturday Day Habilitation Program. Qualified candidates will work approximately 4 hours on Saturdays. This is a great opportunity to help individuals with developmental disabilities, brain injuries and/or mental illness in our community.
Summary of position:
The Direct Support Professional provides services to individuals with developmental disabilities, brain injuries and/or mental illness receiving Day Habilitation Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adheres to and upholds To The Rescue’s values and policies.
- Manages day to day activities of each member assigned to your caseload to maintain and ensure that all supports for essential life services and entitlement programs are met.
- Provides direct care according to the member plan and support needs.
- Provides Medication Administration to members served as outlined by the member plan, and Policies.
- Complete documentation timely to ensure billing of services.
- Ensures all current goals and ongoing supports are provided as stated in the members plan.
- Observes and supervises members’ activities.
- Attends training seminars, in-service sessions, and staff meetings.
- Ensures the health and safety of members by monitoring activities, supervising, and intervening in crisis situations.
- Honors all aspects of the Member Rights and adhere to all policies of confidentiality.
- Always represents To The Rescue in a positive and professional manner to all members, co-workers, interdisciplinary teams, and the general public.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Communication Proficiency
- Writing skills
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Have working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private vehicle coverage. Required to drive all agency vehicles which include vans, 15-passenger van, and Bus.
Job Type: Part-time
- dsp: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.