Diesel Technician – Thompson Truck & Trailer – Cedar Rapids, IA
Thompson Truck & Trailer
Department: Service Tech
Reports to: Service Manager
Perform maintenance, diagnostic and repair procedures in accordance with dealer and factory quality standards and legal requirements.
- Diagnose repair requirements to include error codes, salvageable parts, warranty eligibility, and scope of work.
- Communicate with Service Advisor/Service Foreman regarding parts requirements, warranty information, and customer preferences before beginning repairs.
- Utilize OEM resources to research repair procedures, troubleshooting steps, and warranty instructions.
- Perform repairs efficiently and accurately, working in a safe manner. Demonstrate discretion in knowing when to utilize resources available for troubleshooting and when to seek help.
- Communicate with Service Advisor/Service Foreman regarding unexpected repairs or issues that weren’t outlined on the repair order.
- Identify recommended preventive measures and communicate to the Service Advisor/Service Foreman.
- Check work for accuracy including road testing vehicles when needed.
- Adhere to department policies including warranty parts, timekeeping of work by job, and written repair explanations.
- Attend factory-sponsored off-site training and complete online training courses as required and available to consistently learn and gain new skills.
- Clean work area when needed and upon completing a job to maintain a safe work environment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Provide own set of tools to perform work
- Physical demands of this job are classified as Light to Medium: exerting 16 to 50 pounds of force or lifting occasionally, and/or 10 to 15 pounds of force or lifting frequently to move objects.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Diesel+Technician&c=Thompson+Truck+%26+Trailer&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=62470589b6c5fd77&rtk=1emsd6jado1ds800&from=rss→