Willis Dady Homeless Services
Job Title: Development and Communications Coordinator
Position Summary: The Development and Communications Coordinator is an essential role at Willis Dady Homeless Services, serving as the backbone to the agency’s development and marketing activities. The Development and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for: generating donor letters, creating and distributing marketing materials, managing donor activities, and assisting the development director and executive director with administrative projects. Independent problem solving, the ability to support multiple ongoing and new activities, attention to detail, and follow-through will all be essential to success in this position. The position is based in Cedar Rapids, at the Willis Dady shelter and administrative office. The position is full time (40 hours/week) and is eligible for all agency benefits.
Immediate Supervisor: Willis Dady Development Director
- Manage donor database (GiftWorks) through timely data entry and generating reports as needed
- Create and maintain positive donor relations through timely generation of donor acknowledgement, emails and phone calls; track and send pledge reminders; correspond with donors as necessary to ensure contact information or other requests are fulfilled
- Organize and conduct fall thank-a-thon, annual church outreach and special mailings
- Support the Development Committee with all planning and activities
- Create print and/or digital communications such as social media graphics, presentation boards, brochures, flyers, advertisements, emails, news releases
- Maintain agency website and social media presence
- Create and mail quarterly newsletter, including electronic versions
Outreach with external partners
- Assist with marketing and sponsorships for agency fundraisers
- Help educate the public on agency programs and our client population through talks and tours of the shelter with schools, churches, news media, community groups, etc.
Data Collection and Reporting
- Generate routine monthly data reports for all programs in a timely fashion, ensuring 100% accuracy by correcting any errors
- Assist in tracking data for the strategic plan, grant reports, and various ongoing indicators, working with a wide range of staff to create a data system that is efficient and effective
- Create visual representations of outcomes to be shared with both the public and specific audiences as needed
- Assist with editing and writing grant applications
- Support the executive director and other staff with various projects and assignments including community committee responsibilities, maintaining monthly client logs, and assisting with job postings/hiring
- Manage the Board of Directors’ online portal to keep documents up to date and accessible
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as appropriate
- Assist with general office duties, such as answering phones, receiving visitors, and maintaining relationships with agency partners
- Contribute to the overall agency mission through miscellaneous duties as assigned
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree (matriculating students would be considered) and some experience working in a professional office setting. Experience in fundraising, marketing or public relations is required.
- Passion and compassion for serving people experiencing homelessness
- Strong independent problem solving skills, organization and initiative
- Strong teamwork: work productively and respectfully with various teammates
- Attention to detail and consistently meet paperwork and project deadlines
- Administrative writing (grant writing and editing) skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and social media are required
- Provide written and verbal communications respectfully and proficiently to various stakeholders throughout each day
- Must be able to obtain ServicePoint certification (training will be provided)
To apply, submit cover letter and resume by February 20.
This position is full-time and reports to the Development Director. Benefits of full-time employment include health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays. Salary begins at $31,200. Willis Dady is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,200.00 /year
- Public Relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.