Dental Assistant – River Ridge Dental – Cedar Rapids, IA
River Ridge Dental
$14 – $20 an hour
Full Job Description
Experience a must. Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols. Readies patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient. Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing patients for dental work.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
- Assisting dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
- Providing great patient care.
- Recording treatment information in patient records.
- Exposing dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment.
- Giving patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
- Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
- Caring for dental equipment.
- Forming preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory.
- Fabricating temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
Dental Assistant Requirements:
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assisting program.
- Dental x-ray certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Dental ASSISTANT Program.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to provide great patient care.
- Hour Monday 7-4 Tuesday 7-4 Evert other Wednesday 7-12 Thursday 7-4
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $14.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- One location
- Oral and Maxillofacial
- Pediatric Dentistry
CDA/RDA License Required:
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Dental+Assistant&c=River+Ridge+Dental&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6c08ebc951698b17&rtk=1f22ahfu0ocak800&from=rss→