The primary responsibilities of this position are to support day-to-day field operations within the state / region, including interface with the Customer. Communicate with the Customer Service Supervisor / Manager (CSM) to insure that IDEMIA remains in compliance of contractual obligations.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Act as liaison between the IDEMIA operations team and the Customer(s)’ operational personnel
- Support the day-to-day field service and repairs operation in order to maintain compliance to the Customer(s)’ contract requirements
- Remain cognizant of all activities involving the Customer(s) in order to represent/protect IDEMIA interests
- Provide/manage hardware and software support and maintenance
- Coordinate the help desk calls for Level 1 and 2 and initiate Level 3 support, if required, to insure contract compliance for response time of the Customer(s)
- Responsible for contributing to weekly and monthly reporting as defined by the Supervisor
- Control/manage consumable and spare parts inventory at levels described in the Contract and as needed to maintain operations cost effectively
- Participate in establishing and assume ownership of performance goals.
- Support other Customer programs as required
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of all field equipment including computers, cameras, printers, UPS, signature pads, and fingerprint capture units, and ensuring that company assets are tracked and safeguarded
- Manage / support the day to day operation in order to maintain contract compliance
- Responsible for any and all hardware and software upgrades to field equipment
- Responsible for designing and documenting all procedures used in the maintenance, repair, and upgrading of all field equipment
- Interface with principles and support personnel at IDEMIA for the diagnosis and repair of problems with field equipment hardware and software
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives intended to improve performance to the customer and cost savings to IDEMIA
- Support other State and Federal programs as required
- Willing and able to take the initiative and be proactive to fix issues before they create any problems
- Willingness to travel long distances on a daily basis (in-state driving, overnight stays, occasional out of state travel)
- Willingness to be on-call (beeper/cell phone)
- Ability to vary work hours to meet customer commitments
- Expert knowledge base to install and manage OS, administer users accounts, security, configuration, patch management, updates and configure network connectivity for supported programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of configuration and initialization files, error logging, event viewer as they pertain to software applications. Must be able to gather, organize, analyze and/or potentially resolve software issues. Effectively use escalation procedures and able to manage priorities.
- Provide guidance for installation, configuration and repair of standard and custom hardware components using support tools such as schematics, operating manuals and technical documentation.
- Provide leadership in the development, update and maintenance of support documentation for configurations and standardization. Interface with configuration management, integration team, escalation engineering and vendors as appropriate.
- Able to configure network connections; gather, organize, analyze and troubleshoot network issues; employ support tools to trace network connectivity issues, diagnose problems and escalate to proper IT professional for resolution.
- Expertise in at least one area of technical support and can perform efficiently in various others.
- Technical knowledge often sought by internal and external customers.
- Expert capabilities in triaging and remediating system problems and issues
- Strong skills and capabilities to evaluate and tune systems to allow them to run efficiently.
- Excellent Root/Cause analysis experience including the interpretation of Event logs, IIS logs, web.config, and Active Directory
- Extensive Systems Administration Experience
- Database Experience, including SQL and other tools, Familiar with MS SQL, ORACLE. Experience creating and running stored procedures.
- Familiarity with software programing language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Strong experience with system security including the management of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level Permissions.
- Strong skills and experience creating deployment solutions including building system images through standardized tools.
- Extensive network skills and experience including TCP/IP; DHCP, DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the configuration, management, and trouble shooting of firewall, switches, and routers.
Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation
- Effectively produce, update and maintain all required status reports and documentation.
- Serve as the Train-The-Trainer to other technicians for customer requirements on processes, systems and maintenance procedures.
- Effectively applies the processes of related internal organizations such as QA, Tier 3, and CM to transition upgrades, patches, etc. into field programs.
- Ability to proficiently plan, schedule and install new systems, offices relocations, appropriate infrastructure changes for various programs.
- Research, compile, and analyze data to develop recommendations for appropriate business decisions and/or actions.
- Consistently leads and works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Able to identify and solve new or unique problems using analysis of facts and/or previous solutions.
- Responsible for planning and carrying out assignments, resolving conflicts and coordinating work with others. Informs management of progress and potentially controversial matters.
- Performs independently to determine the appropriate methods and procedures on new assignments, projects or tasks.
- Leads, coaches, trains and mentors other team members through new assignments, complex issues, personal objectives and/or projects.
- Manage projects that require significant resources across multiple functions or organizations.
- Sets, manages and consistently meets individual objectives in connection with programs, regional and company initiatives.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader and provides technical leadership to others on more complex tasks.
- Communicate effectively with all levels within the company through project presentations, demonstrations and training.
- Train others in proper methods for writing, updating and maintaining technical documents.
- Excellent interaction skills at all levels within the customer’s organization including end user, management, executive levels and support teams.
- Interprets information and negotiates/influences outcomes with internal and external contacts.
- Acts as an information source and represents the company on projects specific to the area of expertise.
- Actively listens and solicits feedback from the customer to make process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with both customer management and technical staff.
- Able to discuss technical issues with non-technical team members and drive issues to resolution.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills involving internal and external support teams.
Teamwork and Planning
- Takes the lead in building the technical support team for customer facing programs.
- Able to work effectively within customer teams and manage project deliverables
- Builds effective relationships with internal, external, peer technicians and management.
- Trains others and provide feedback on technology, products and processes.
- Applies business knowledge and understanding of customer requirements and commitments by adjusting schedules, travel requirements and allocating resources as needed within scope of responsibility.
- Recognizes obstacles during planning process, develops contingencies, recommends solutions and follows through with appropriate actions and with an awareness of budget constraints.
- Organizes complex information, implements actions and is responsible for short to medium term technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Requires a BS/BA, or equivalent in experience
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the service industry, preferably critical, customer service experience
- Advanced Certifications in combination supporting the defined skills are required.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) is preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.