Businesses Collins Aerospace
Requisition ID: 15390
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Customer Service Engineer in Test Equipment Services to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
This position is responsible for performing assignments requiring service of Collins avionics, avionics systems, telecommunications or computer equipment and systems in the RF discipline. The primary functions are to direct or perform; operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and calibration. The position can additionally be tasked with planning and implementing interfaces between Collins and Non-Collins equipment through development of software programs to interface between equipment and calibration software . Services are performed using Collins approved methods and workmanship standards to ensure optimum equipment operation and customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical support to engineers, technicians and product support who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electronic equipment, computer systems, and/or complex software not related to information technology.
- Operates, maintains, repairs and modifies equipment. Normally receives little instructions on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Complete understanding and application of RF principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented position.
- Responds to situations where second-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution.
- Prepares, provide approval and validation of product support documentation.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Responsible for providing actions to resolve technical queries from RC production facilities and engineering facilities, provide support for special projects, cross-functional initiatives and refine processes to deliver better customer service throughout the enterprise.
- Candidate must be able to follow documented procedures. The candidate must be highly motivated, energetic, self -directed, and able to work closely in a positive manner as part of a team.
- Requires effective verbal and written communications skills, able to communicate effectively with peers, leaders, internal, and external customers.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or six years equivalent experience
Candidate should have the ability to obtain DOD security clearance
Have the ability to write calibration software.
Have the ability to troubleshoot, repair and calibrate equipment from detailed prints or work instructions.
Have extensive experience in RF electronic theory.
Have extensive experience in reading and understanding schematics .
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.