WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturers (OEM) products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services.
Brief Posting Description
Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about accounts, products, specials, promotions and services offered within branch. Responsible for assisting clients via telephone as well as walk-in customers. Maintains and establishes ongoing rapport with existing customers and internal staff to help meet overall sales objectives of branch and generate revenue through creation of sales leads.
· Handles and resolves customer complaints, special orders, or returns in-store, via phone or mail.
· Obtains and examines all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
· Answers customer questions regarding product, service, and operation, or maintenance.
· Receives and processes orders, provides information concerning pricing, changes in service, discontinuance, and shipping.
· Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, records details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, and actions taken.
· Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
· Works with sales and operation to ensure seamless transfer of information once proposal is awarded.
· Identifies additional product or service opportunities with existing or potential clients, and determines with customer sales and service manager, whether customer sales and service or outside sales should manage opportunity.
· Maintains regular contact with existing clients, continually working to understand new or existing “pains” and needs and developing strategies to address those pains.
Customer service – 1 year experience preferred
Sales – 1 year experience preferred
High School Degree or Equivalent required
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including, customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Ability to build working relationships with other functional areas to best support mutual objectives.
Basic problem-solving skills and ability to analyze information in order to provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
Ability to research and resolve customer issues.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Basic computer skills.
· General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
· Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
· Employee required to problem-solve.
· Employee required to communicate with the public.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO”), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”
This quick apply application is an expression of interest and not an official application. If you are a fit for this role, you will be contacted by the Talent Acquisition Specialist to officially apply to the role at WESCO.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.