True North Companies
TrueNorth, an Insurance and Financial Strategies firm headquarter in downtown Cedar Rapids, is currently hiring a Contractor Representative to work with our Transportation division, supporting Independent Contractors and the ICX Team. The Contractor Representative’s responsibility is to complete outbound calls and receive incoming calls from individual Contract Carriers, regarding the sale and service of business insurance coverages. The Contractor Advisor is also responsible for developing relationships with 3rd party logistics providers’ terminal or location managers to educate them to TrueNorth’s program offerings and to maximize success within the program.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Receive incoming calls from contract carriers interested in purchasing business coverages for their contracts with 3rd party logistics providers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Inbound Calls – gather information for the quote process
- Outbound Calls – make marketing calls to contract carriers from supplied call lists
- Consult callers on programs available to them and other programs TrueNorth offers when applicable
- Answer phones in a professional and timely manner to ensure customers are serviced appropriately
- Review completed paperwork associated with contract carriers on a timely basis
- Maintain a positive attitude, even when dealing with difficult customers
- Maintain and provide quality customer service with clients, contract carriers on a daily basis by providing consistent, timely and accurate service
- Monitor and review incoming applications accurately and timely and present quotes to contract carriers
- Input application information, maintain correspondence, document notes and update necessary information in agency systems on a timely basis.
- Follow-up with contract carriers on incomplete applications and forms
- Develop contract carrier relationships
- Understand and study market trends, pricing and buying analytics
- Handle special requests or reports as designated by the Team Leader
- Increase industry and job knowledge as measured by attendance in continuing education, attaining or update designations, and participation in other agency training offerings
- Other duties, as appropriate to the position
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College degree of equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
- Customer service experience required
- P & C License required within 30 days of hire
- Life & Health license required within 90 days of hire
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel required; PowerPoint desired
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet defined deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong proficient data entry skills
- Ability to concisely answer questions
- Collaborative team player
- Data entry experience
We offer a competitive benefit package, wellness incentives
and a positive work culture. Get a glimpse of our culture
through our videos by clicking here.
TrueNorth is honored to be recognized by Corridor Business Journals as #1 on the 2017 Corridor Top Insurance Agencies & Brokerages list as well as a Coolest Place to Work!
TrueNorth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.