Cedar Rapids Community School District
Teacher Leadership/Teacher Leadership
Supervised by: Executive Director, Digital Literacy
Position Summary: Content Lead provide district level leadership, coaching, and support for teachers, IDS, and administrators in the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment with the Iowa Core Curriculum and other content standards. This leadership is provided through professional learning and support with the implementation of district goals as they relate to the High Reliability Schools Framework and Marzano’s New Art and Science of Teaching Instructional Framework. The Content Lead works to align, create, and recalibrate district assessments, priority standards, proficiency scales, and units of study as well as support and coach the implementation of instructional strategies and practices aligned with best practice.
# of Positions:
- 1 (Extra Duty Only)
Total Days of Service:
- Current salary (non-Teacher Leadership funding source)
- An additional five days at $340.00/day (pro-rated to 4 hours for the balance of the 2019-20 school year)
- Deep knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment as it relates to research/evidenced based practices.
- Ability to design and lead professional learning for teachers, IDS, and administrators using the Iowa Professional Development Model and adult learning theory.
- Ability to coach teachers, IDS, and administrators in curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices.
- Knowledge and experience integrating technology with instruction.
- Cultivates partnerships within the school and local community to promote engagement and a lifelong learning process.
- Knowledge and the willingness to learn about and integrate ALL content standards.
- Knowledge of learner centered assessment practices.
- Experience using data to inform instructional practices.
- Knowledge of Professional Learning Community process and protocol.
- Substantial knowledge and experience using district technology resources and the willingness to learn other platforms and tools as necessary.
- Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District preferred.
Essential Job Elements: Content Lead will collaboratively design, develop, and support curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning to ensure the implementation of a guaranteed and viable curriculum in every classroom.
The following indicators will be used to measure performance.
Content Lead communicates and integrates the New Art and Science of Teaching as the district’s instructional framework.
- Integrates instructional strategies from the New Art and Science of Teaching into curriculum design and development.
- Models instructional strategies from the New Art and Science of Teaching in professional learning and facilitated teamwork.
- Incorporates technology integration into curriculum design and professional learning.
- Content Lead utilizes state and national standards to design curriculum and assessments.
- Written curriculum and assessments correlate with standards in multiple areas including other content areas as well as 21st Century Skills.
- Coordinates and leads teams to develop curriculum and assessments aligned to state and national standards to ensure a viable curriculum.
- Regularly facilitates teams to analyze, revise, and update curriculum and assessments to ensure alignment with standards.
- Content Lead monitors the implementation of a guaranteed and viable curriculum throughout the district.
- Collaborating with district administrators and IDS to analyze formative and summative data.
- Collaborating with IDS and building administrators to strengthen the implementation of a guaranteed and viable curriculum.
- Provides learning and support for Instructional Design Strategists around curriculum, instruction, and assessments to support classroom instruction.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth:
- All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used.
- TLS rubric identifying levels of development will be used to monitor growth and determine if the teacher leader is performing at a satisfactory level to continue in the teacher leader role.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Content+Lead&c=Cedar+Rapids+Community+School+District&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=fe70948738660ad7&rtk=1dp13pmemovrk800&from=rss→