Cedar Rapids Community School District
Teacher Leadership/Teacher Leadership
Content Lead — ELL 6-12 Supervised by: Director, Culture & Climate Transformation
- Content Leader provide district level leadership and support for teachers in the alignment of content, instruction, and assessment with the Iowa Core Curriculum and other content standards. This leadership is provided through professional learning and support with the implementation of District goals.
# of Positions:
- 1 (.5FTE)
Total Days of Service:
- Current salary – .5FTE (non-Teacher Leadership funding source)
- Current salary plus $400.00 per .1 FTE – (.5FTE) (non-Teacher Leadership funding source)
- An additional five days at $340.00/day (non-Teacher Leadership funding source)
- Standard Iowa Teaching License with five years of teaching experience with at least three years of experience in the Cedar Rapids Community School District preferred.
- Understands and can apply the High Reliability School framework when presenting to ELL teachers and staff.
- A commitment to supporting the growth of others and the belief that adult learning is essential to student learning.
- Basic level of knowledge and experience using district technology resources and willingness to learn other platforms as necessary.
- Broad knowledge of content, instruction, and assessment as outlined in the Iowa core coupled with the ability to design and facilitate adult learning, coach peers, and utilize data for improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Iowa Core.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Designing, presenting and facilitating adult learning experiences preferred.
- Experience with data analysis process and protocol including writing SMART goals.
Essential Job Elements:
- Provides direction and leadership for the curricular program consistent with the District vision, mission, and focus.
- Guides teachers with the use of data for instructional and curriculum decision making purposes.
- Collaborates with CCT Directors and K-12 ELL Content Lead to plan and provide professional learning to content-area teachers related to English Learners. Assists ELL teachers in providing buildings level EL-related professional learning.
- Provides professional learning for secondary ELL teachers in accordance with the district professional learning calendar: staff learning days and designated early dismissal days.
- Facilitates curriculum committees for the purpose of aligning content, instruction, and assessments with the English Language Proficiency standards.
- Guides implementation and differentiation of the curriculum in regards to the English Language Proficiency standards.
- Supports ELL teachers in their use of PLC’s as it relates to content and instruction through monthly meetings.
- Provides relevant resources and models for schools and teachers in the content area in instruction and assessment.
- Organizes, collects and analyzes ELL district and secondary buildings level assessment data to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of content standards.
- Facilitates the implementation of the District LAU Plan.
- Advocates for English Learners and families in the CRCSD in the areas of equity and access.
- Attends building Tier meetings, as needed and available, when EL students are being discussed.
- Assists secondary buildings in the pre-referral process for Special Education services.
Measures of Effectiveness and Professional Growth:
- All Teacher Leader Positions will be evaluated annually in an effort to provide opportunities for the teacher to reflect upon his/her practice and administration to provide feedback to enhance professional growth.
- CRCSD evaluation procedure will be used.
- TLS rubric identifying levels of development will be used to monitor growth and determine if the teacher leader is performing at a satisfactory level to continue in the teacher leader role.
- Personal Reflection on professional growth in relation to essential job elements.
- Meets or exceeds all performance targets.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Content+Lead&c=Cedar+Rapids+Community+School+District&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=8b2aeac848d40d40&rtk=1dci05o6snh6i800&from=rss→