Consumer Electronics Technician – Mobile Technologies Inc – Cedar Rapids, IA
Mobile Technologies Inc
Location: Cedar Rapid, IA
Field Technician Job Description
We are looking for tech savvy individuals to join our field team! Our team of World Class Field Technicians are responsible, self-motivated and service-oriented people with great technical aptitude and customer service. We offer a flexible schedule, a highly competitive hourly wage along with mileage and drive time reimbursement. Retail or merchandising experience is preferred but not required. We believe in investing in our technicians and offer paid training to ensure your success in the field!
Our Field Technicians perform installations, maintenance, break-fix, and general merchandising tasks within retail locations. Technicians are the front-line team for new product releases like smart devices, tablets, gaming consoles and other consumer electronics. Our technicians have flexible early morning/midday hours Monday-Friday with select work available on the weekends.
Who is MTI?
For over 40 years, MTI has developed merchandising technologies that enable retailers and OEMS’s to securely display, power and showcase the full spectrum of consumer electronics, from tablets and smartphones, to cameras and laptops. Some of the worlds most recognized brands and six of the seven largest retailers in the United States utilize MTI products. Our retail-hardened technologies are engineered to last in the most demanding environments, delivering the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership and the highest level of mechanical and electronic security.
- Install and/or build displays, fixtures or endcaps
- Security set up/Cable running
- Perform visits on scheduled date and time
- Diagnose/repair electronic and mechanical issues
- Ensure compliance as required by client agreement and/or scope of work
- Excellent Communication with Manager/Scheduling team/Operations team
- Keep workspace neat and clean during service
- Read and understand planograms
- Working knowledge of hand tools
- Basic computing/Smartphone skills
- Training capabilities
- Analytical and problem- solving skills
- Organized self-starter
- One (1) or more years of experience in customer service
- Two (2) or more years of experience in one of the related fields:
- Information Technology (IT) – Installation and Configuration
- Point of Sale (POS) systems – Installation and Configuration
- Digital Signage – Installation and Configuration
- Audio / Video – Installation and Configuration
- Consumer Electronics
- 12-volt electrical systems – Installation and Configuration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment
- Superior communication and customer service skills both written and verbal
- Maintain a professional image at client sites
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to understand, read and write English language
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Walking, bending, lifting, repetitive motion
- Use of hand tools and test equipment
- Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Possible overnight installations
- Breakdown and re-installment of retail displays
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mobile Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mobile Technologies, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. company
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Consumer+Electronic+Technician&c=Mobile+Technologies&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=9c9ce3a5da02e94a&rtk=1emcut9ago1lm800&from=rss→