Construction Superintendent – MDM Construction – Cedar Rapids, IA
MDM Construction LLC is seeking an experienced construction Superintendent for immediate hire. Experience working in medical facilities and federal government agencies is highly beneficial as this makes up 99% of MDM’s clientele.
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes controlling the time, cost, and quality of a wide variety of commercial construction projects with an emphasis working on federal government projects. Coordinate, plan, and supervise project activities with subcontractors, vendors, and other team members concerned with the construction of buildings and other construction projects.This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job site office and closes out projects.
Education, Experience and Certification
- Minimum of 10-plus years’ experience in commercial or mixed use construction required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Ability to make well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Demonstrates commitment to the project as the on-site leader.
- Ability to effectively read blueprints.
- Basic computer skills to include email, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and safety regulations – required OSHA 30-hour training.
- Available after hours, as reasonable for emergency situation.
- Flexibility for travel within 100 miles for future projects.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Lift 50+ pounds
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods.
- Ability to bend and reach for extended periods and/or confined spaces.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, other employees and the Owner.
- Records information such as personnel, production and operation data.
- Ensures all field reports and records are completed and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Analyzes worker and production problems. Proposes solutions for performance improvement.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Construction+Superintendent&c=MDM+Construction&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=7b5e073ddaee1770&rtk=1ercjfeh5npkv800&from=rss→