Construction Manager – Dunbar Carpentry – Cedar Rapids, IA
We are looking for a Construction Manager to join our team! You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation as well as developing cost estimates, development of construction schedules and presenting the results in a work breakdown format suitable for use by the Client, Project Manager, and project team.
The ideal candidate is a manager that can oversee multiple projects from all aspects, design, estimating, billing, execution.
Responsibilities for our Construction Managers are:
- Work with office staff and field crews
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Prepare cost estimates based on subcontractor bids and supplier estimates, as well as unit pricing.
- Build pool of new subcontractors as well as develop relationships with existing subcontractors
- Prepare preliminary construction schedules to be used for estimating and initial client presentations.
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Complete all paperwork and administration for jobs and other office work.
Qualifications for our Construction Managers are:
- English/ Spanish Bi-lingual required
- Competence, high aptitude required
- Good attitude and excellent communication skills
- 3-5 years of experience in the residential construction industry in project management and supervision, as well as estimating.
- Cost estimating experience is required
- The candidate must also have experience with construction project management software (experience with CoConstruct a plus)
- This candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and posses above average written and oral communication skills, including strong negotiation skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment is also essential for this position.
- Deadline and detail-oriented
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Construction+Manager&c=Dunbar+Carpentry&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=79b90f5f9c38f71c&rtk=1eqo0l63lnppr800&from=rss→