The Community Services Specialist is responsible for working with in-crisis and at-risk families to ensure barriers to success are overcome. Working cooperatively with Success Managers and other referral sources, the Specialist will work with families to create and actively oversee stability plans that enable long-term goals to be met Services provided may include housing maintenance, family support, community resource referral and acquisition, and skill building, dependent on the needs of the individual family being served. This position will provide both long term support and as-needed crisis intervention.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of community resources which are necessary to assist diverse client needs.
- Assist clients in identifying and mitigating issues that threaten stability
- Utilize a strengths-based approach to develop and implement stability plans with clients.
- Interface with community resources as needed to help clients implement housing stability plans.
- Teach skills necessary to maintain stability. Skills training could include a diverse range, such as, financial management, tenant rights and responsibilities, job skills, parenting, etc.
- Assist in-crisis families by intervening in housing emergencies to prevent homelessness.
- Maintain accurate service documentation and discharge planning.
- Facilitate the Tenant Council at the facility being served.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field plus one or more years of community services experience, or an Associates Degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or HS Diploma (or equivalency) and 5 years of relevant experience is required. An understanding of community resources in the local area of service is necessary.
About Jane Boyd Program
For nearly a century, Jane Boyd Community House has been guiding kids and their families in the Cedar Rapids community. The Community House provides services for youth and adults including before and after-school programs, tutoring, recreation, family support and outreach services. Jane Boyd has long been a hub of cultural diversity in the community, programs have evolved over the generations to ensure children and families from all backgrounds have access to programs and services they need to be successful. Jane Boyd is a United Way partner and has been a Four Oaks affiliate since 2001.
Jane Boyd offers a comprehensive benefit package, casual work environment, and opportunities for growth & advancement!
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.