Community & Events Manager – The Agency – Cedar Rapids, IA
Do you love your community? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots?
We are looking for a part-time independent contractor to run your market. We have a proven revenue-share model that is perfect for parents or anyone looking for part-time work. Most events are on the weekends and weeknights but based on your advanced availability. In 2019, we experienced tremendous growth but had to pause due to COVID-19. We’ll be re-launching events in Fall 2020, but to be successful, we plan our events about a year in advance.
As the City Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to run your own market with our corporate team’s support. Community Managers are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-do’s both on- and offline, from writing and moderating to party planning and ring leading!
Where you come in:
- You will plan events! Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzzworthy events/parties
- You will connect with business owners in person and online via all social media channels
- You will work along wide our corporate marketing team to connect with the right local organizations, sponsorships for promotion of the events
- You will socialize and meet up with locals. Attend local events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on
- You will write locally compelling newsletters weekly and persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners
- Develop and lead a team of volunteer writers to help be the voice of your brand and influencers in the community
- You are driven!
- You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too
- You consider yourself a local expert
- You have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience
- You love to write – you know who you are… pencils down!
- 4-year college/university degree
- Experience with social media marketing, social networking, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Do you understand that this is a revenue-share and independent contractor opportunity only?
- Fully Remote
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Community+Event+Manager&c=The+Agency&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=61a19529acd64d2b&rtk=1ejt4hln6nplm800&from=rss→