York Risk Control
As a result of continued growth and expansion, York Risk is seeking Commercial Inspectors to work on an independent contractor basis. Information gathered from the survey/inspection process will be reported primarily in checklist and narrative formats and will be submitted via the internet. The number of assignments may vary depending upon geographical location as well as individual contractor efficiency.
Details of position:
- Work from home office
- Schedule appointments with policy holders
- Drive to and conduct inspections for small to mid-market insured businesses (i.e. apartment complexes, retail stores, restaurants, industrial operations, etc.)
- Write up reports using personal computer
- Determine construction classification of buildings
- Obtain all building updates information- (repairs, modifications, upgrades, etc.)
- Identify underwriting concerns and make recommendations for solutions
- Obtain photographs, measurements, and occasionally sketch buildings using Home PC or Laptop with Windows 7 or newer, High Speed Internet access (utilizing Internet Explorer as the browser), digital camera, camera pole, and a measuring wheel. Some job sites may require hard hat, safety vest, and proper shoes.
Qualified consultants possess the following:
- Experience conducting commercial inspections
- Thorough understanding of Commercial Property and Liability insurance coverages
- Good communication and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to travel within a reasonable territory
- Ability to observe business operations and evaluate management practices to determine if hazards affecting insurance premium are adequately controlled
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.