Co-Generation Plant Superintendent- Cedar Rapids, IA – Archer Daniels Midland Company – Cedar Rapids, IA
Archer Daniels Midland Company
This is a full time, salaried exempt position.
Plant Superintendent will coordinate and oversee day to day activities of a large, coal fired, Co-Generation plant at the Cedar Rapids, IA facility. This position is responsible for the safe, successful and progressive day-to-day operational activities, maintain a safe, sanitary workplace in compliance with company policies, government regulation and regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, DNR, FDA, USDA, FRA, HACCP, etc.).
- Ensure focus on regular and consistent employee training, safety, quality, area housekeeping.
- Review production, quality, and maintenance reports and statistics to direct maintenance activities.
- Research, plan, develop, and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Monitor and develop production plans and discuss associated equipment needs and change needed with operation, maintenance, and engineering personnel.
- Ensure that the plant complies with all environmental and safety regulations.
- Focus on long-term process optimization, cost control, product costing, employee development, accident elimination and management-of-change.
- Establish goals and performance measures for the Cogeneration plant and provide consistent feedback
- Identify significant area trends and their respective cause and effect relationships.
- Empower employees to develop ideas for operational, efficiency, and safety improvement(s)
- Support and strongly encourage troubleshooting efforts as a part of “what we do”
- Celebrate and share “wins” achieved by Cogeneration personnel
- Develop a well-trained, efficient and safety-concious team.
- Assemble and conduct meetings with supervisors and employees, as needed
- Ensure that production limiting factors and any reoccurring problems are addressed.
- Interact with peers in Cedar Rapids to achieve plant objectives and to provide operational stability.
- Monitor maintenance planning to insure reliable and efficient operations.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts by working with all team members to determine priorities.
- Provide input for employee annual reviews of Cogeneration employees.
- Serve as primary contact for area vendors, suppliers and consultants.
- Share on call duties with other cogeneration supervision team members.
- Participate in the development of standard operating and emergency procedures for area.
- Develop short and long term plans for the Cogeneration plant and its utility infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The scope of the position may require exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents, and cleaners common to mechanical work that may be hazardous and/or cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use, and disposal/storage are not properly followed.
- Spring/Summer: Temperatures in some areas of the facility will be up to or exceed 100 degrees
- Fall/Winter: Temperatures in the facility may be at or below freezing.
- Outside areas:
- Spring/Summer: Outside temperature may be up to or exceed 100 degrees with potential for high humidity. May be exposed to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited to, rain and wind.
- Fall/Winter: Outside temperatures may reach freezing or below. May be exposed to inclement weather including, freezing rain, sleet, snow and wind.
- Some manufacturing processes within the facility are highly reliant on machinery and other processing equipment and, as a result, noise levels may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for most of the work shift.
Able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis, up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 55 pounds overhead.
- Lifting or carrying of weights over 50 pounds is rare. Employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or carrying objects that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Able to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a work day.
- Able to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling or squatting frequently during the course of a work day. May require periods of prolonged sitting or standing.
- Able to operate equipment or diagnose / detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights. May require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights.
- Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual and electrically powered tools and electrical test equipment, to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings, and to work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.