The Clinic Administrator is responsible for the operational performance in a medical office practice and monitors the activities of all office operations components to ensure the clinic meets its objectives. Advises and seeks consent from the organization’s leadership team to coordinate and manage the activities in the clinic.
- Full authority over daily operations.
- Possess in–depth knowledge of and provide operational support for tasks and job functions performed in areas of responsibility, including protocols, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership within the clinic(s) they are supporting in order to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
- Oversee of the day-to-day management of the office including the coordination of clinic operations, establishment of work schedules, review of staffing needs and the supervision and training of staff in good patient relations and office policies and procedures.
- Follow protocols and policies in decision making.
- Identify and resolve operational issues and day-to-day oversight and responsibility
- Seek guidance from director of clinic operations as needed.
- Responsible for financial operations of the clinic including accounts payable, timely and accurate preparation and submission of biweekly payroll reports, monitoring accounts receivable and reviewing required reports.
- Budget preparation and participate in annual budgeting process and budget development as directed.
- Review monthly financial statements.
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department and site lead meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Implement and sustain UnityPoint Clinic strategic initiatives.
- Perform other duties as requested by the organizations management team and the providers to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
- Create a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers and patients to foster an environment of openness, trust, team work and staff development.
- Act as a liaison between physicians/providers and the organization’s leadership team to achieve effective communication and optimal operational processes.
- Partnering with associate medical director and director on provider performance and talent management
- Responsible for the interview and hiring process including completion of employment forms in an accurate and timely manner and coordination of orientation and training programs.
- Responsible for follow-up with new providers and necessary paperwork has been completed prior to starting and working with the director as needed for assistance.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Consultant and final decision maker with respect to employee relations situations; informing and partnering with HR and director on high level employee situations.
- Take the leadership role in times of disaster to secure the safety of staff, patients, visitors, the facility and protected health information when possible.
- Attend monthly staff meetings to support and provide insight and ensure proper follow-up as needed.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor all environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree required OR a combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of leadership experience
- Experience in accounts receivable, to include billing, collection, ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
- BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills. xc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
- Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Business and/or health care management degree preferred.
- Preferred Master’s degree in business or health care management.
- Clinical operations experience preferred.
- Preferred experience in personnel management, facility management, financial management, budgeting and computers are preferred. Preferred knowledge and experience with process improvement.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.