Clerk IV – Adult Inpatient Staffing Office – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Clerk IV to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Researches information, prepares, reviews and analyzes documents such as reports, applications, records etc., aplicable to a specialized subject area requiring independent informational serch and a knowledge of the policies and procedures of both the assigned and related work areas
- Creates and maintains a complex database that requires specialized subject matter knowledge. Analyzes the data to maintain the database and generate reports. Troubleshoots database problems for staff
- Advises staff, faculty and others requiring interpretation of policies and regulations of specific projects or programs in assigned work area
- Coordinates intraunit and interunit operations and procedures and participates in regular staff meetings to discuss and assist in developing operational policies and procedures
- Composes correspondence requiring judgment in the application of policies and porcedures in both the assigned and related work areas
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
Any combination of progressively responsible related clerical office experience, related undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training that is the equivalent to four years of full-time employment.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
Applicant selected for position, if external, must be available to attend a 2-3 week orientation session Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Clerk&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=bb7aa81f2acb0319&rtk=1elj6rdhno1l5800&from=rss→