Clerk III – UICC ILI Clinic (90%) – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
- Communicates clearly.
- Ability to stand for longer periods to time.
- Gathers demographic data information and enters into the hospital EPIC system.
- Gathers the referring entity, primary care provider(s), and other healthcare providers’ information and enters into the hospital EPIC system.
- Alternates with other scheduling clerks in responding to telephone calls and assisting patients, physicians, specialty nurses, and other healthcare providers at the Scheduling desk. Assumes duties of schedulers and/or receptionists during their absences.
- Maintains effective communication with appropriate divisions.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned.
- May transport lab materials/tests to and from clinic sites and/or main hospital
Collaboration and Embracing Diversity
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and civil manner while appreciating the unique contribution of individuals from varied cultures, nationalities, genders, ages, etc
Positive Impact/Achieving Results
- Ability to utilize existing resources and learning to achieve or exceed desired outcomes of current and future organizational goals/needs. Able to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations while producing results.
Service Excellence/Customer Focus
- Ability to meet or exceed customer service needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner. Ability to effectively transmit and interpret information through appropriate communication with internal and external customers.
- Regular position located in Coralvill, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa? click here
- Any combination of related clerical office experience, related undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training that is the equivalent to two years of full-time employment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet University’s Fleet Safety Program.
- Public Contact/Customer Service experience.
- Medical Terminolgy
- Experience with EPIC
- Customer service experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Clerk&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=ea379f150bf48205&rtk=1eic7113pnpl8801&from=rss→