Clerk III – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
The Pediatric Specialisty Clinic is seeking a Clerk III to provide front desk reception duties for checking in and checking out the patient on Lower Level II of the Univerity of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. This includes high volume public contact, use of multi-tasking skills, and the ability to answer multi-line phones on a consistent basis involving internal and external customers. This is a 50% position.
Duties to include:
- Covers reception desk – to check in and check out and schedule appts for pateints
- Gathers demographic data information and enters into the hospital EPIC system.
- Gathers the referring entity, primary care provider(s), and other healthcare providers’ information and enters into the hospital EPIC system.
- Performs proper name search procedures as outlined in Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Alternates with other reception clerks in responding to telephone calls and assisting patients, physicians, specialty nurses, and other healthcare providers at the reception desk. Will perform duties of schedulers and/or receptionists during their absences.
- Maintains effective communication with appropriate divisions.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. In 2018-19 seven of our adult care specialties were ranked among the nation’s best, including otolaryngology (3rd), ophthalmology (7th), orthopedics (14th), cancer (18th), urology (34th), pulmonology (39th), and gynecology (50th).
Percent of Time: 50%
Schedule: Monday- Friday, 1:30 PM -5:30 PM
Location: Lower Level 2 Children’s Hospital (may help provide coverage in the Pediatric Specialisty Clinic and other designated areas within UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital as needed)
Rotations: No rotations
Pay Grade: 8
Merit Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/merit-pay-plan
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Any combination of related clerical office experience, related undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training that is the equivalent to two years of full-time employment.
- Public Contact/Customer Service
- Medical Terminology
- Customer service experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communication
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on November 10, 2020.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Clerk&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=49723526f7effead&rtk=1elj6r05oo1ls800&from=rss→