Clerk III-Perioperative Department – The University of Iowa – Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa
$26,497 a year
Full Job Description
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Clerk III to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responds efficiently/effectively to requests from external/internal customers
· Provides positive first impression to customer/callers & matches the request with available
staff/services for bed placement and transfer of patients to UIHC
· Develop and maintain knowledge of the full range of UI faculty, staff & services offered by the University
of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics.
· Assists in the gathering of medical information for the patients that are transferred to the UIHC
· Document patient information in EPIC
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
The Perioperative Department is composed of the Day of Surgery Admissions, Main Operating Room, and Post Anesthesia Care Unit/Second Stage Recovery Facility. The Main Operating Room is composed of 32 operating suites that support a vast array of services and procedures. The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is a Level One Trauma Center and the Main Operating Room performs around 19,000 cases annually.
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Any combination of related clerical office experience, related undergraduate education, and/or post high school clerical training that is the equivalent to two years of full-time employment.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
Applicant selected for position, if external, must be available to attend a 2-3 week orientation session Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Clerk+Perioperative+Department&c=The+University+of+Iowa&l=Iowa+City%2C+IA&jk=9ca79c40da42ee74&rtk=1eutsunpinpm7800&from=rss→