The Foth Companies
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their employment experience.
Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC is currently seeking an innovative and results-oriented Civil Designer seeking to advance their career utilizing the latest technology in a team-oriented work environment. This position will be working out of our Cedar Rapids, IA location.
Economic growth, safety, and aging infrastructure – these are all challenges faced by nearly every community today. As a member of the Foth Infrastructure engineering team, you will help clients meet these challenges while minimizing impacts to the community and the environment. From airports to utilities, roads, and bridges, you will be a part of providing effective solutions that are cost-conscious and practical.
- Prepare construction drawings for aviation, municipal, and/or transportation projects including utilities, storm water systems, streets, wastewater collection, and water distribution systems
- Manage the CAD component of multidiscipline projects from start-up to completion, actively monitoring design details throughout each phase
- Create 3D models within various standard file formats
- Follow design standards and workflows while learning new technologies within the MicroStation and OpenRoads design platforms
- Maintain a knowledge base of Iowa DOT and/or FAA design standards
- Serve as technical support for staff engineers and civil design technicians
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or related field
- Minimum five years of applicable experience as a civil designer utilizing Bentley software (e.g. MicroStation, OpenRoads, SS4 GeoPak)
- Previous experience with LumenRT and Virtual Reality, Sketchup, and/or Bentley ConceptStation
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free
Foth is proud to be a 100% member-owned, science and engineering consulting firm with approximately 600 members. We deliver engineering solutions to a diverse portfolio of public and private clients in the areas of infrastructure, environmental engineering and science, and production solutions engineering and manufacturing. We invest heavily in our members to meet the growing and diverse needs of our clients and our members, sustain our high retention numbers, and retain our inclusive, values-based culture. We are proud of the employment experience we create for our members and of the New North Workplace Excellence Award we were recently awarded, recognizing us as an employer of choice.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Civil+Designer&c=The+Foth+Companies&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=8bf54ba6700130e3&rtk=1de82f74m1er5000&from=rss→