Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
BioLife, a subsidiary of Takeda, is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone. BioLife’s employment opportunities are among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off, on the job training, advancement potential AND an environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save lives.
Monitor waiting room for children whose parents/guardians are donating plasma and provide a safe and clean environment.
- Perform ID card and child/parent coordination for services related to supervised waiting room.
- Maintain and monitor child attendance log.
- Plan for and provide appropriate activities for each age group.
- Maintain effective communication with management to ensure safe and clean supervised waiting room.
- Provide a clean and safe atmosphere for children through continuous monitoring and multi-tasking when room has more than one child. Coordinate replacement for breaks.
Compliance and Safety:
- Perform daily maintenance of room, toys and play surfaces.
- Perform universal precautions and wear appropriate PPE when caring for child/children.
- Report suspected child abuse, of any form, to Management.
- Follows guidance through Playroom Training on child illness and behavioral concerns.
Complete the Supervised Playroom Statistic sheet daily and turn into Management quarterly.
Essential:High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Desired: Previous childcare experience desired.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees. (internal)
- Refers to center management team for all abuse/neglect concern. (Internal)
- Regularly monitors and determines if child is able to utilize the supervised playroom.
- Reports to Plasma Center Manager. (Internal)
- Consults center management teams to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience. (internal)
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Frequently lifting up to 26 lbs.; occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law – https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement – https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy – https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0037943
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Child+Care+Attendant&c=Takeda+Pharmaceuticals&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=f1a0923fd77e03af&rtk=1deaku14tnhhv800&from=rss→