Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Able to present technical information to a non-technical audience
* Able to work independently
* Able to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
* Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills are preferred, including internet and e-mail.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to work while standing most of the time
* Ability to walk or work over all types of terrain, in all types of weather
* Ability to carry tools and equipment
* Ability to work in tight spaces while bending, twisting and reaching
* Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28′ & 75lbs)
* Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
*Ability to perform work in elevated places (i.e., roofs and utility poles)
* Ability to use drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and other hand tools
* Ability to work with small components
* Ability to use close vision, peripheral vision and adjust focus
* Ability to work in poorly vented areas such as attics, in extreme temperatures
* Ability to move, crawl, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, push, and grasp
* Ability to lift up to 90 pounds
* Physically able to work computer equipment and test equipment
* Ability to work in environments that may contain dust, dirt, noise, insects and cleaning solutions
* Ability to work safely near power lines and electrical equipment
* Ability to drive Company vehicles in a safe manner
* Must be able to meet the physical limit requirements of personal protective equipment, aerial lift equipment, ladders and/or gaffs that may be used in this position.
We run Driving record, Background and Drug Test.
If you have experience please text 248-219-6973 and email resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Cable+Technician&c=Omni&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=7a3db8d60b657ef4&rtk=1dapblb85b8en800&from=rss→