Mediacom Communications Corporation
For immediate consideration, follow this link and apply on Mediacom’s careers page:
Learn more about the position by watching this video: https://vimeo.com/93178741
Hours: Tues. – Sat., 8am – 5pm
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician), you will be primarily focused on new installations of our cable television and broadband services. You’ll drive a company van, go into customer homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our customers. You’ll also learn and perform a variety of duties including installation, changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection of service, payment collection, and any special requests customers may have regarding installation.
- Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior) complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired units.
- Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters; performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
- Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture delivered following installation of cable service.
- Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools.
- Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job duties.
- Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system management.
- Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances; installs tap-off devices.
- Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited confines, such as crawl spaces.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for “open” or “short” on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
- Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
- Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they pertain to customers.
- Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
- Generate additional company revenue through effective sales techniques and by offering information about product options, sales campaigns and promotions.
- Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out materials; provides general assistance to other employees as directed.
- Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
- High school diploma or GED required; trade school training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
- General level of mechanical and consumer devices knowledge.
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
Mediacom Communications EOE/AA; we consider applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or vet status.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $10.25 to $11.50 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.