Description of Position:
Provide a “snapshot” or the principal purpose or focus of the position, consisting of no more than three to five sentences. This summary should provide enough information to differentiate the major function and activities of the position from those of other positions.
Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients for treatment on the behavioral health units. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through a multidisciplinary approach. The patients served are patients of all ages in need of a psychiatric evaluation to determine best treatment modality to meet the patient’s needs. The BH access staff will collaborate with the ED and psychiatric providers to develop the treatment plan, whether the patient needs will be met through outpatient services or admission to an inpatient setting. St Luke’s C.A.R.E. delivery model reflects a commitment to compassionate, competent care delivered by the interdisciplinary team. Care is provided through a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family. A spirit of inquiry is encouraged and supported. Small tests of change and more formal research efforts are used when the evidence is not clear. Evidence-driven protocols are utilized to assure reliable and consistent care.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
- Maintains assessment skills including completion of the comprehensive evaluation of the mental status – patient’s mood, affect, thought content and psychosocial issues.
- Maintains critical thinking and multitasking skills to prioritize patient placement through assessments of patients in the ED or in other non-BH areas of the hospital, and clinical information obtained on patients located in other facilities for potential admission.
- Maintains competence in performing procedures involved with the management of violent or potentially violent patients. Complies with policies for restraint and seclusion per service guidelines.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
- Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
- Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
- Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
- Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
- Enthusiastically engage in our work.
- Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
- Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
- Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
- Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
- Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
- Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
- Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
- Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
- Bachelors in Social Work or Psychology
- Two years’ experience working in the psychology field with adults and/or children.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
- Understands levels of care, discharge planning, assessment of psychiatric patients and crisis intervention.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.