United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Our Avionics Support Controllers are the initial points of contact within the Company for customer issues involving fielded Collins Aerospace equipment. Avionics Support Controllers provide initial technical support and troubleshooting to assist in resolving customer problems with our products whilst aligning with the customer’s urgency. They draw upon the collective resources of the Company when necessary and escalate appropriately to drive and implement timely resolution of customer problems.
The Key Job Responsibilities are:
- Support Collins Aerospace avionics products and systems, including Flight Management Systems, Navigation, Communication, Autopilot, Cabin Management, and other related systems.
- Solves systems/technical problems at various levels in scope and complexity, which may require data and root cause analysis.
- Aptitude to question and discover the customers’ actual needs and requirements in the most expedient manner
- Ability to understand and apply problem solving principles, concepts, practices and procedures with guidance as needed.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer support and assistance requests utilizing established procedures
- Engage with colleagues and team members to provide corrective action and resolutions to customer queries.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance in response to requests from customers or Customer Service Engineers.
- Experience troubleshooting or repairing avionics equipment
- Experience in aviation maintenance, avionics, electronics, or a related field
- Must be prepared to work a Non-traditional work schedule: 6pm – 6am – 12-hour shift; 4 on, 4 off; Nights and/or Days; Or other (First 60 days of employment for training purpose will be Monday-Friday)
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
- Experience troubleshooting or repairing avionics equipment.
- Experience in aviation maintenance, avionics, electronics, or a related field.
- Must be prepared to work a Non-traditional work schedule: 6pm – 6am – 12-hour shift; 4 on, 4 off; Nights and/or Days; Or other (First 60 days of employment for training purpose will be Monday-Friday).
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Avionic+Support+Controller&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=9145f8159bfe2e27&rtk=1dkeb3780f34r800&from=rss→