Athletic Trainer – Coe College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Full Job Description
Coe College seeks qualified applicants for the position of Athletic Trainer. This position will provide assistance in maintaining the quality medical care for the Student Athletes and in cooperation with coaches and the Athletic Department staff. In accordance with the spirit, policies and rules of Coe College, the American Rivers Conference (A-R-C), and the NCAA III, the Athletic Trainer will further the fitness, wellness, personal, social, and academic development of Coe students.
Work Schedule: Includes nights and weekends
(Hours, FTE and Months of Service per Year): Contract Length: 10 months, Pay Periods: 12 months, FTE: 83%
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist Athletic Training Services (ATS) with the medical care of assigned NCAA Division III Intercollegiate and Non-NCAA Varsity Athletic Teams.
- Assist the ATS in the daily operation of the athletic training facilities, and all that goes with the daily function of each facility.
- Provide home and away health care with assigned athletic teams as determined by Director of Athletic Training Services.
- Master’s degree required, prior experience considered.
- Required certifications: National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATABOC), Iowa Athletic Training License.
- Successful completion of a background and driver check in accordance with Coe College policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to present a program of intercollegiate athletics for women and for men that is educationally based, demanding and rewarding for participants, and presents the College and its students in a positive manner to the constituencies of the College.
- Exhibit exemplary personal conduct and character traits and will serve as a role model for student-athletes.
- Dedication to the educational mission of a private, residential liberal arts college.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships in a collaborative and diverse team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellent customer and/or student service.
- Demonstrated ethical and responsible decision making.
- Consistent attendance and accountability necessary to meet position objectives.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Weekend and Evening hours required.
- Travel required.
- Occasional lift, push, pull up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent twist, bend, stoop and climb.
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Athletic+Trainer&c=Coe+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=ff34519b2a2451e4&rtk=1f4sebv4uo166800&from=rss→