Associate Dean, Business and Information Technology – Kirkwood Community College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Kirkwood Community College
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Business and Information Technology department includes disciplines in Business, Information Technology, and Creative Programs. Programs represented in our department: Accounting, Administrative Management, Financial Services, Business Management, Marketing Management, Business Administration, Computer Software Development, Computer Support Sprecialist, Network and Systems Administration, Web Technologies, Graphic Communication Technology, Apparel Merchanising, and Interior Design. Under minimal supervision and in collaboration with the Dean, the Associate Dean is responsible for the daily Business and Information Departments academic operation and management of adjunct faculty at Kirkwood. The Associate Dean must convey a professional and positive image as a representative of Kirkwood Community College. Must exercise exceptional organizational skills, independent judgment, initiative, and confidentiality in the successful operation of the department. Requires the ability to lead, supervise, problem solve and interact positively with a diverse group of people. An understanding of technology in higher education and office productivity is necessary.
- If selected for an interview a 20 minute presentation will be associated within the interview.
- The topic: Put together an orientation for newly hired Adjunct instructors that best supports the adjunct for success at Kirkwood Community College.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Plan, coordinate and promote credit programming and initiatives with the Business and IT department adjunct faculty in collaboration with department faculty, the Dean, and other college departments.
- Identify current and emerging trends and opportunities in higher education related to Business & IT education to develop and maintain visionary and responsive community partnerships.
- Recruit, screen, interview, and hire adjunct faculty.
- Lead and supervise adjunct faculty, including those teaching Business & IT courses at off-site locations to ensure curriculum consistency.
- Promote adjunct faculty development; recommend, coordinate, and lead activities to meet faculty development and program goals related to new instructional strategies.
- Plan, coordinate, and promote programming and initiatives with the department faculty in collaboration with the Dean, and other college departments.
- Develop, implement, and oversee applicable program goals, operating policies, and procedures in collaboration with the Dean.
- Monitor student enrollment; work collaboratively to develop marketing, recruitment, and retention strategies.
- Manage day-to-day program operations including student advising, registration policies/procedures, student issues, communications and other departmental activities.
- Assist in faculty workload decisions to insure appropriate staffing, equity, and efficient resource utilization.
- Lead course schedule preparation and monitor student enrollment
- Provide leadership and point of contact for faculty and staff in the absence of the Dean.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in a positive manner with prospective, former and current students, faculty, administrators, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and the general public.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form
- Possess strong human relations skills; get along with diverse personalities.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers, educational media equipment and technologies to problem solve technical issues with faculty.
- Be a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual who demonstrates leadership, strong public relations skills, professional appearance, positive attitude and collaborative work habits within the department, and in active participation in college activities.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts difference.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional standing, walking, using and reaching with hands and arms, lifting up to 10 pounds, and climbing or balancing. Frequent sitting and talking and hearing.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, preferred in one of the disciplines represented in the department.
- 3 years of related leadership.
- 3 years experience, as a teacher/instructor or student advisor.
- Community College experience preferred.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family or marital status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: [email protected]
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Associate+Dean&c=Kirkwood+Community+College&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=84c807c0687eec2f&rtk=1em7q0vijnphk800&from=rss→