Associate, Commodity Management & Sourcing – Collins Aerospace – Cedar Rapids, IA
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today. Role Overview
This position is for an Entry-level Commodity / Account Management & Strategic Sourcing professional. Participates in purchasing, negotiations, and research of suppliers and pricing. Analyzes supplier data and price proposals to ensure acceptable pricing, quality, timing, and reliability of supplies.
- Negotiates for the procurement of goods, services, and supplies.
- Participates in purchasing and / or other commodity management activities.
- Manages contracts in accordance with terms.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information.
- Researches suppliers to determine prices, timing, reliability, and level of quality.
- Develops a strategic plan for a commodity or a strategic supplier.
- Responsible for overall relationship with one or multiple strategic accounts across a given commodity.
- Leads sourcing process from RFQ to contract signature.
- Ensures supplier or commodity is performing to the designed UTC requirements from delivery, quality and cost perspective.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- U.S. person statement (U.S. citizenship or green card required): “Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Associate&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=152f0e4f6aded271&rtk=1e3nilhatfbag800&from=rss→