United States of America
HIA33: Cedar Rapids, IA (Intertrade) 400 Collins Road NE MS 153-220, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52411-6636 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of an overall strategic quality plan to improve customer satisfaction and is accountable for achieving quality goals, metrics, and manufacturing objectives. In addition, this position is responsible for leading and executing a manufacturing strategy aimed to improve Rockwell Collins overall customer satisfaction.
- Manages technical talent and is responsible for an organization of quality engineers and/or managers.
- Responsible for strategic technical planning (quality management system, technical requirements, cost of poor execution, product integrity, etc.) of assigned/allocated tasks and activities.
- Leverages advanced Quality tools (Data Analysis, Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, APQP) and provides direction for employees on complex technical quality subjects.
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient use of resources which contribute to the completion of domain projects. Drives reuse, personnel development, skill acquisition, process improvement.
- Defines specific strategic quality plan along with related work scope
- Develops and ensures organizational compliance to policies, processes, and standard work requirements.
- Contributes to long-term resource planning, while acquiring and developing technical resources which contribute to the effective completion of quality initiatives.
- Actively addresses employee performance and organizational alignment.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Associate+Director&c=Collins+Aerospace&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=6888fddd6d3bc645&rtk=1d95re05dbges800&from=rss→